Last week I shared my favorite fish recipe, and I can’t leave out this delicious summer spritzer that goes so well with it. It’s a perfect mixture of fresh and pre-made ingredients that come together quickly for a refreshing cocktail.
For this quick recipe you’ll need 4 cups of watermelon juice, 1 cup of lemon liqueur, 5 lemons – 4 juiced and 1 sliced, and 1 bottle of Prosecco.
The inspiration recipe used freshly squeezed watermelon juice. And I’m sure that is delicious. But I opt to use this no-fuss, no-mess substitute – Simply Watermelon juice. Also, Costco makes a great Prosecco.
Anyone remember the melon baller? I think every mom in the 80s went to Tupperware parties and the initiation piece was a melon baller. Anywho, to make this drink really impressive without a lot of trouble, try using a melon baller on some watermelon. You can freeze the balls and use them as ice cubes. FANCY, right?
Watermelon Lemon Spritzer
A light, refreshing summer spritzer with watermelon, lemon, and prosecco.
- 4 cups of Simply Watermelon juice
- 1 cup of lemon liqueur
- 5 lemons, 4 juiced and 1 sliced for garnish
- 1 bottle of prosecco
- Mix the watermelon juice, lemon liqueur, and lemon juice together.
- Pour over ice or frozen watermelon balls into a lowball glass.
- Top each glass with 2 ounces of prosecco.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon wheel.