Today I am sharing some things that you may want to consider having available for guests when they visit your home. These items show thoughtfulness for your guests’ needs and comforts to make their stay with you enjoyable.
This post includes commissionable links to my LiketoKnow.it to make finding these exact items easier for you. You can click on any picture in this post to find the exact item pictured.
The first group of items I’ve included are ones that help your guests keep their belongings neat and organized so that everything is accessible and nothing gets lost.
- A luggage rack. This one that I am featuring has a place for a suitcase on top and a shelf beneath for either a smaller bag or shoes.
2. A robe hook. Placing this hook on the wall near the door will allow guests to hang their robe, a towel, a purse, or a set of keys. The hook keeps items off of the floor and easily reached as guests come or go from the room.
3. A valet tray with jewelry space. This valet tray gives your guests a designated spot to place their wallet, keys, or jewelry at the end of the day. No more digging in the bottom of their suitcase; here is a spot for their smaller items.
4. These baskets (the ones linked come as a set of two) can be used in a couple of different ways. First, you could leave them empty to let your guests have a place to store things. Alternatively, you could anticipate items that your guests might need like extra washcloths, slippers, magazines, books, reading glasses, etc.
The next group of items are for your guests’ convenience.
5. A wireless charger that can accommodate all phone and device types. One of the most forgotten items while traveling are chargers for devices. Your guests will appreciate that you have one available, even if it just means that they can leave their own in their suitcase to avoid forgetting it in your home.
6. Providing your guests with your home WiFi password will be greatly appreciated. Posting it on this cute sign means that they don’t have to even bother to ask for it. This lets them know they’re welcome to use it!
7. Providing an alarm clock is a nice convenience for guests. This one is especially helpful because guests are able set two separate alarms times, dim the brightness, and more!
8. A sound machine can make your guests more comfortable while sleeping away from home. Often nighttime noises are different than guests are used to, and providing white noise can help them sleep. Perhaps the guest bedroom is next to a common bathroom; this sound machine can block unwanted noises outside of the room.
9. Even if the ambient temperature of the guest room is comfortable, guests sometimes prefer to sleep with a fan for many reasons. Providing your guests with a fan will show great consideration for their comfort!
A few more things you may want to consider for your guests’ stay are:
10. Bedside lamps allow your guests to have light without getting out of bed to turn on or off overhead lighting. A small bedside lamp provides convenient lighting at night or early in the morning. As an added feature, these particular lamps have USB outlets should additional devices need charging. (Set of two linked HERE.)
11. The next best thing to having an actual iron in the room is to provide your guests with a travel sized bottle of wrinkle releaser. If you haven’t tried this yet on your own clothes, it’s highly recommended. Wrinkle release spray allows clothes to be smoothed straight in just a few seconds.
12. Another commonly forgotten item for guests would be toiletries. These travel sized bottles of bathroom necessities are often appreciated when shampoo and soap have been accidentally left at home.
13. This container labeled toiletries is nice to keep the travel sized items in. It let’s your guests know that these items are intended for them to help themselves to if they need them.
14. A full length mirror in the room allows your guests to get ready, check their clothing before leaving the room, and fix their hair or makeup. In addition, a mirror will provide light to the room since guest spaces are often smaller ones.
15. A waste basket gives your guests a designated space to place trash. It keeps trash off of the floor and out of their suitcases.
16. Sheets may perhaps be the most important thing to consider for your guests. Most of their time in the guest room will be spent sleeping. Quality sheets make a lasting impression, give your guests a good night’s sleep, and will often last for decades.
You may want to also consider:
17. Small bottles of water. A smaller 8 oz size bottle of purified water will provide an adequate amount of drinking water without leaving a lot of wasted unfinished water bottles. Leave enough water bottles for guests to have one per day. (Be sure to let them know that you’re happy to provide more if they need them!) The baskets shown above are a perfect container for holding water bottles for your guests.
18. Some guests enjoy using an essential oil diffuser. This one may be appreciated by your friends and family.
Even if you are only able to add a few of these touches the next time you have guests, your guests will appreciate your thoughtfulness for their comfort and convenience. If you have items that you would add to this list, join the conversation in the comments to let me know what they are!
Until next time,
Abby | Belle Antiquarian