If you’re looking for an easy, last minute gift idea, I have the perfect one for you…Christmas Cocoa Cocktail Kits! I have made and given these away these several times in past years, but they are really perfect for 2020 and those who are social distancing.
Here are the supplies that I gathered: small bottles of peppermint flavored vodka, individual packets of mint flavored cocoa, red and green marshmallows, disposable cups, paper shred, and a cookie tin. I found the cups, cocoa, and shred paper at Walmart. These fun red and green marshmallows are a Target find. And this cookie tin is one that I picked up the day after Christmas on clearance last year. In Georgia the only place you can buy liquor is a liquor store, and you can usually buy individual bottles this size for around one dollar. You can easily substitute a little bottle of Bailey’s or Kahlua.
Arrange everything inside your tin, and wrap it up with a sweet ribbon. Another idea is to use Coca-Cola bottles and straws instead of the cocoa and marshmallows. Make sure your recipients know that this is an adults-only gift so that they don’t mistakenly hand it over to the under 21 crowd. Although you could easily make this a kids-friendly version.
- A few other ideas for a cookie tin:
- peppermint tea and cookies
- cocoa and cookies for the kiddos
- a kit for sharing while looking at Christmas lights
- gingerbread decorating kit
- Everything needed to leave out for Santa, like a little plate, carrots, cookies, and a drink
- Individual bags of coffee (World Market) or k-cups, disposable coffee cups, biscotti
Only eleven more days until Christmas, and this will be an easy gift to pull together. I hope you enjoy it!